Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Art of Glass Blowing


Some artists use paint and canvas, others use clay or stone. My preferred medium is sound. What compels some to choose molten liquid? I don't know. It all sounds very hot and dangerous to me.


You have to admire people who take sand, heat it until it resembles magma and then form it into a delicate work of art. As you will see, glass blowing takes a lot of training and skill. Most of us will never get a chance to try this ourselves. I don't mind. I'm happy to just watch the videos.


Alex Petrakis-Glass Blowing


Glass Cat


Dawson Kellog-Rhapsody in Glass-Part 1


Dawson Kellog-Rhapsody in Glass-Part 2


Dawson Kellog-Rhapsody in Glass-Part 3


Dawson Kellog-Rhapsody in Glass-Part 4


Glass Blowing Links
Glass blowing, instructional videos at Expert Village
Glassblower.info
Glass Artists.org


Coming Soon! Glass Music Videos

No comments: